Our company specializes in the long-term ownership, management and development of high-quality, well-located commercial and residential real estate assets. Brause Realty's current focus is on residential construction and new development opportunities. We are also committed to preserving beautiful architecture by modernizing the interior spaces of our 20th century buildings through technological and green building upgrades.
Brause Brothers Inc. started as a stationery store in Harlem in the 1920s. Located at 70 E 125th Street, Jack Brause and his brother Samuel ran the business and were able to buy the building in the early 1930s. It took their accountant to explain to them that they were making more money from owning the real estate than running the store. Shortly thereafter, they sold the stationery business to focus exclusively on real estate investing. In 1946, Jack went out on his own and became Jack Brause/Brause Brothers Inc. He eventually moved his office from Harlem to midtown in 1950. After graduating from NYU and working at James Felt and Co. and Helmsley-Spear, his son Louis decided to join him. 1n 1963, Brause Brothers Inc. became Brause Realty Inc. In 1978, father and son bought 52 Vanderbilt Avenue in midtown Manhattan, relocating their office where it still resides today.
- The Forge - luxury, 38-story rental apartment building in Long Island City, New York with outdoor pool and lawn, fitness center, roof deck, views of the East River, and art on display. Feng-shui certified, LEED Silver Certified Green Building. Completed 2017.
- 254 West 31st Street - major modernization to lobby, facade and elevators of 15-story boutique office building in Manhattan. Completed 2017.
- Blu Atlantic - a 173 unit rental apartment development in Delray Beach, Florida on a lake with fitness center and saltwater pool. Completed 2014.
- MetLife Plaza – 700,000 square foot renovated high-tech office building in Long Island City, New York, currently headquarters of JetBlue Airways. LEED Certified Gold Green Building. Completed 2003.
- Congress Park Centre – a 200,000 square foot retail, office & residential complex in Saratoga Springs, New York. Completed 2003.
212-697-5454 Ext. 16 |
212-697-5454 Ext. 14 | email
Jacqueline Brause-Office Administrator
212-697-5454 Ext. 26 | email
Roberta Brause-Vice President
212-697-5454 Ext. 23
Debbie Brause Bunder-Vice President
212-697-5454 Ext. 18 | email
Wendy Galarza-Accounts Payable
212-697-5454 Ext. 24 | email
Michele Kanapes-Chief Financial Officer
212-697-5454 Ext. 20 | email
Michelle Brause Litt-Director of Leasing CT Properties
212-697-5454 Ext. 12 | email
Melissa Brause Rackoff-Director of Leasing NYC Properties
212-697-5454 Ext. 19 | email
212-697-5454 Ext. 22 | email